Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 1: Tears are words that need to be written.

     Things went better than I expected yesterday!  Don't get me wrong, I cried yesterday.....several times!!  However it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be!!


     After checking out of the hotel we went to Lego Land.....that of course was a must!!  AT lego land I realize I don't have his meds and we have to go all the way back to the hotel to pick up his meds and then back to camp.   Bless him, he was one of the last to arrive!!  It was my fault, but we weren't late, you had between 3 & 4 to drop off, we were just closer to 4!!  Here is a picture of him and I at Lego Land!!

He looks thrilled huh!!

   So once we got to camp the craziness began!!  It seemed like we were only there a minute before we had to leave him however it was more like an hour.  We had to register him, go through a medical inspection (which included a lice check, which was both comforting and disturbing at the same time), speak with the nurses about medication dispensing, and finally speak with the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia about picture and video rights. 
                                           Here is Braydon during registration!!   He has the "deer in a head light" look.


Then we were introduced to a handsome young camp counselor who whisked us away to Braydon's home away from home for the next week!!  I was tearing up at this point and starting to lose it!!  When I was telling him my good bye's the tears started to come and my sweet boy tried so hard to be so very tough.  His tears started too.  A little boy behind me saw Braydon losing it and ran to him and introduced himself.  Whoever that little boys mom is should be very very proud of the young man she is raising.  That little boy tried to save Braydon from being sad!!  Here is a picture of Braydon's cabin door!!  YAY!!! 

CABIN RED 4 ROCKS!!!!!!!!
                                                                             
My baby is no longer a baby and hopefully making memories he will never forget!!  He is an amazingly brave little boy and I think I will forever be in awe!!  I feel like this is the best thing for him and that he will walk away counting down the days until next years camp!! 

    I wonder what he is doing?  I wonder if he is having fun?  I wonder most of all if he misses me as much as I miss him?  I really really hope he does not miss me.....I hope he is having the time of his life......but it would be nice to think he misses me a little ;)
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment