Well we were devastated to hear about the loss of another life from epilepsy! Alyssa Oneil, an18 year old freshman in college told her parents she was taking a shower. Her parents were already in bed an when they woke the next morning the shower was still running. She was already gone, she had died from SUDEP.
As a parent the thought scares me to tears. But her parents are doing an amazing thing by raising awareness for Epilepsy!! It is the #AJO pay it forward program!! Before Alyssa had passed she mentioned she wanted to try A pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, so her parents went out and bought the next 40 costumers at Starbucks a pumpkin spice latte and they put #AJO on the cup.
We went to Starbucks last night and bought 5 pumpkin spice Lattes for the next five costumers who came through. Braydon was so excited but even more he could explain why we did it. He has not 100% figured out that people have died from Epilepsy and to be honest I'm ok with that! But glad B and I could experience it together!!!
Next time your at Starbucks buy a pumpkin spice latte for someone and have them write #AJO so more people will here the story and learn about epilepsy!!! Pay it forward, it feels great!!!