Saturday, April 28, 2012

The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.


What a week!!!!  Never thought I would see Saturday!! I thought I would post a few pictures of two of the best people I know!!  Now that we are zoo members we are trying to take FULL advantage of it and we go as often as possible.  I highly recommend a zoo membership to everyone.  We are going to Zoovies in the park in a few weeks, they are having a large projector and playing the movie Rio and then A sleepover in the zoo a few weeks after that, all free to members!! SUPER excited!!


     This week was a rough week.  Braydon had TCAP testing this week and in the middle of the first day threw up all over the classroom.  I was called to go get him.  He had been complaining of a severe headache and felt like he was going to throw up but I pushed him to go thinking that was what was right, well I was wrong.  Called his neurologist and with his seizure activity the Dr. Fears he had a Tonic Clonic seizure early in the morning.  Which causes him to have a bad headache and nausea.

      There is no real way to know if he for sure had a seizure or not, but considering what happened last week the strong possibility is there.  So after spending a few days at home I have come to the conclusion I want to make a difference in epilepsy awareness.  I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to start right here on the Blog that some days keeps me from breaking down.  Seeing the words of encouragement from those we love!!


The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

1.something to do-  Among being a mother, full time employee, wife, daughter, sister, and friend I will educate and advocate for epilepsy

2.something to love-  My husband, my children, my family, my friends, and those fighting our same battles.

3.something to hope for-  A cure..............



Here is a link to Braydons type of seizures for those that don't know much about it



Here is the link to the Epilepsy Foundation of America




To end on a high note.....The past two weeks has been the Little Country School House Trike a thon where we raise money for St. Jude research Hospital!!  It was yet another successful year and I am so excited and grateful to all the help and support!!!  It was an AMAZING two weeks and I'm glad we can get the support of our families to send such a large amount of Money to St. Jude every year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment