Monday, May 28, 2012

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone

     Just wanted to give a special shout out to those who have fought for this country, those who are continuing to fight for our country and those that have lost the battle.   A lot of very special men in my life have fought for this country, some have passed other are still alive.  Thank you so very much for all you do for me and my family.


     




     The house is so very quiet right now!!  I forgot to turn off my alarm last night before I went to bed.  It is automatically set to start on Monday's so it woke me up!!  Oh well, at least I already have dinner in the crock pot and can start on breakfast.  Trying to decide how to spend the day today!!  Poolside?  Waterpark? Zoo?  Too many options!!  Went to see MIB III, it was awesome and B and C were SOOOOO excited to see it!!  Got to hang out my with one of my favorite families the Barrett Babes!! 


     Friday we went to a Nashville Sounds game.  It was so much fun and very affordable for a family.  At the end they had an amazing fireworks show and let the kids run the bases.  The kids thought that it was the best thing since sliced bread. 


     Absence seizures....UGH!!  So when Braydon was diagnosed with epilepsy the Dr.  had a strong suspicion that he has had absence seizures that have gone unnoticed the majority of his life.  Well to be very honest with you I believed him.  We have been told by so many teachers that he zones and they thought he was ADD and that he couldn't pay attention.  Well when the Dr says this it all makes a little sense.  However I had never actually seen it, so maybe just maybe these people were all a little crazy and there were no signs of these Absence seizures. 


     UGH....NOPE they were right.  Driving to Nashville for the baseball game he sure as heck had one.  Claudia had fallen asleep and Braydon had gotten very quiet.  So I look back and he is sitting straight up, head was limp (it almost was falling backwards), his eyes were WIDE open and it was like he was looking through whatever he was looking at, he was making a strange sound (almost like a muffled whine, I had to turn down the radio to hear it) and was drooling.  I started to scream his name and he shot up like a rocket and starts screaming at me like a lunatic.  Said " Why are you screaming at me, I was starring out the window!"  he had NO recollection of the event.  NONE!!  From what i have read this "episode" might have been a little of an extreme one.  Most absence seizures will go unnoticed. 


     How much of his life will he loose as a result of Epilepsy!  It is a scary thought to me that he just misses seconds of his life.  I know once we get all the meds figured out the likely hood of all this will be slim and I am so ready for that day.  We go back to the Dr June 15th, I think we are going to need to do a sleep study that we have been avoiding  like the plague!! 


     But all in all he had an amazing first week of summer!!  We kicked it off with a Baseball game, swimming on Saturday, Movies on Sunday and today who knows..................

Until next time everyone!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment